Reno Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
History, Facts and Overview
(Reno, Nevada - NV, USA)
Dating back to 1929, Reno Tahoe Airport was first known as Hubbard Field and was at that stage owned by Boeing Transport. In 1936, ownership of the airport was transferred to United Airlines and then in the early 1950s, the airport was purchased by the city.
By 1960 and in time for the Squaw Valley Olympics, the airport opened its new terminal building, which greatly increased its overall capacity. In 1994, the airport was officially renamed as the Reno Tahoe International Airport (RNO) and continues to improve its passenger services and amenities.
You will find cash machines located on the airport concourses and in the Check-in and baggage reclaim areas, as well as a lost and found service and medical equipment such as defibrillators. Reno Tahoe Airport is equipped with a large food court and several additional restaurants dotted around the terminal, including the Tahoe Bar and Grille and the Ritazza Café. There are also several shops onsite, including newsagents, gift stores and a PGA Tour Shop for golfers.
Those in need of conference and business facilities at Reno Tahoe Airport will need to head to one of the nearby hotels. The Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel is especially notable and features large meeting rooms with extensive office equipment. Within the airport itself is wireless Internet access.